Sunday, January 19, 2014

Goals for the week!!

Last week I did a pretty crappy job of following through. I hope I can do a little better this week. I think I'm going to set my sights kinda low though because I want to be able to get back on track. I think when I set my goals so high, like working out every day, and then I fail for 2 days, I just kinda say screw it and don't do anything. Maybe this way I won't feel as bad.

I'm also going to start doing my goals from Friday to Friday. I think it's so much easier to get to the gym on the weekends and I want to be able to give myself credit for that. You know, toot my own horn a little. haha.

Goals for this week:
1. Work out at least 4 days including one day of cardio. (I know one day isn't a lot but I hate HATE cardio so start slow) I already got one good workout in yesterday and I know I will be getting in another tomorrow. That covers 2 days already which only leaves me two more. Totally doable. 

2. Get in 4 solid days of good water intake drinking at least a half gallon a day. I did this already once before so I know I can do it again. I find it so much harder to drink that water at home. There are so many more tastier options. I'm only at school 4 days this week so once again I'm setting a goal I know I can attain. Maybe I'll try for some days at home next week.

3. Eat a pre-planned or at least healthy meal for at least 2 meals per day. I've already planned out the dinners, but I know something will happen to where I don't actually make dinner. It always does. We've got 3 solid days already planned worth of healthy dinners. I hope I can get to them!!

4. Eat healthy snacks, and don't overeat them. I love "pops" (mini rice cakes cheddar cheese flavor). But the problem is I could literally eat the entire bag in one sitting. So....I need to pre package them I think. The problem that every time Mike has a day off we use the night to go in the theater and watch movies or catch up on tv shows. And....we take snacks up there with us. Usually gummy bears and pops. I think if I have a baggie full rather than the entire bag, it could definitely be a little healthier. I also want to get some pineapple, bananas, cucumbers, carrots, etc. and make a healthy greek yogurt ranch dip instead of ranch dressing. I love veggies and ranch dip so it would be a healthier option.

Alright. Cross your fingers. I want to actually succeed with this this week. haha. This is a pic from 2007. Notice the flat belly. I'm gonna get back there.


Don't forget to stop by tomorrow!! There is going to be an awesome Valentine's Day giveaway!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your goals are all very doable. Just take one day at a time and you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think pre-packaging all your snacks for potion control is a great idea! I try to do this when I am packing my lunch for work....but fail at the at home snacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goals sound totally achievable. good luckthis week. If the greek yogurt recipe turns out, will you post it on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And absolutely!! I'll totally post it!! Hope you get this! You're a no reply blogger, so, not sure you will. Let me know if you want to fix that, I can help.

      Delete
  4. snacks are always my downfall!! I am trying to be really good for a few weeks, it is going to suck and i know it haha

    ReplyDelete